An all new coat with some really hi-tech features! The Kodiak coat is made from a new Breathe Comfort fabric that will keep the rain and wind out while keeping your dog's natural temperature in, no matter how extreme the weather. Features include fiber-fill inner layer and poly/cotton lining, full belly coverage, leg elastic to keep coat securely on, collar and leash opening, Velcro back closure with reflective twill tape and an owner identification label on inside of coat. Machine wash.
When Measuring Your Pet for Clothing:
- Measure from the base of the head to the hind, or base of the tail. (See illustration)
- Measure the girth of your pet, which is the distance around the widest point of the chest.
- Check your measurements against the provided size chart. If any of your measurements fall in between 2 sizes or are at the maximum measurement for a size range, choose the next larger size. These measurements include the length, girth, and/or pet’s weight.
||10" - 13"
||12 - 20 lbs.
||14" - 17"
||20 - 35 lbs.
||18" - 21"
||35 - 65 lbs.
||22" - 24"
||65 - 95 lbs.
||26" - 30"
||95 lbs. and up
- Great for dogs with thick necks or large heads, as the neck opening / collar is looser than some clothing. Some dog breeds that will like this clothing include: Pugs, French Bulldogs, Shar Pei, Bulldogs, Staffordshire Bull Terriers and Basset Hounds.
- Has a closed chest. Velcro, buttons, or other types of closures are used so the material completely covers your pet. This is not suggested for pets with deep chests.
Things to Consider:
- If your pet has a deep chest, thick coat, or wider underside, please choose the next larger size from what your dog’s measurements give you. For example, if your measurements tell you to get a Medium, your deep-chested or thick-coated dog would actually require a Large.
- Clothing with a slightly looser fit will be more comfortable and look better than clothing that is too tight. If you are ever in doubt, order the next larger size.
- Coats and jackets are not made of materials with much stretch or give, so order the next larger size if your pet’s measurements are close to a maximum size.